Road traffic control is in charge of regulating and redirecting vehicular as well as pedestrian traffic in and around a construction site. This ensures that smooth traffic flow is maintained along with the safety of the construction worker and the general public.
A traffic controller is allotted for this purpose. The leading role of traffic controller is to direct the traffic around the construction site using Stop/Slow bat, protect workers in the construction zone by regulating traffic flow, give traffic control directions and signals to motorists and keep the flow of traffic moving with as few delays as possible.
Traffic control course and traffic management course are the two most common courses to gain employment in the traffic control section. To function on the road or operate a stop/slow bat, a traffic controller license is a minimum requirement. This license is obtained by completing a registered one-day training course. To be able to work on a construction site, a white card is needed. White card course is also a one-day course which helps in to raise awareness of best practices to eliminate risks that cause injuries and fatalities in the workplace.
Traffic control course in Campbelltown will provide the necessary skill and knowledge to ensure an individual’s safety, along with the safety of the fellow workers and other road users. It will also qualify the trainee to:
- Minimize the risks associated with traffic movement
- Control traffic I professional manner
- Maintain traffic control in emergencies
- Minimize traffic delays
Companies that provide various traffic control courses in Campbell town are in the form of a traffic controller course, implement traffic control plans and traffic control combo.
- Traffic control course provides training to those personalities who are required to control the traffic with a Stop/Slow bat.
- Implement traffic control plans course teaches how to set up traffic control plans at a work site and traffic control.
- Traffic control combo in includes both the above training under a single course.
Completing traffic control combo training can increase the chances of gaining employment. These courses will include:
- Theoretical training conducted by a qualified trainer in one of the training facilities in Campbell town
- Course material which will include manuals, training books and assessment papers written by the qualified trainers
- Practical along with three-day work placement with a traffic control provider for those who have never worked as a traffic controller
- Assessment either at the workplace or in a real-life traffic situation
Completing the theory and practical training is an absolute necessity to pass, before getting a traffic control license. After successful completion of training Roads, Maritime Services (RMS) Statement of completion is awarded, this allows taking up work on the real worksite.
The statement of completion is valid for 90 days, and licenses take up to 3 weeks to arrive in the post from Roads Maritime Services. A traffic controller is a significant person as he is responsible for maintaining the efficiency of traffic and safety of road workers while allowing construction.